This award is open to retailers with 50+ full time employees on the island of Ireland with a policy on green procurement and local sourcing of goods; online retailers are also eligible.
Please let us know how your retail operation delivers its services in an environmentally and sustainable manner.
Entry is by a 5-page A4 PDF submission; the judges will be looking for a clear plan and evidence that it is delivering on core objectives, paying particular attention to the criteria listed below.
- Describe the steps taken to reduce and recycle waste within your organisation.
- Describe any efforts to engage with “green” suppliers, or to source local, Irish, and sustainable products/materials, to ensure the achievement of your sustainability objectives.
- Describe any activities your organisation has recently taken to conserve biodiversity, use biological resources sustainably, improve natural habitats.
- Describe the steps your organisation has taken to improve energy efficiency and/or water efficiency.
- Describe any sustainable transport initiatives your organisation has taken, e.g., to reduce congestion, to green your fleet, or any other any other actions that result in fuel savings, CO2 emission reduction.
- Describe how you engage with your community and support the local economy. Include any specific efforts your organisation has made to contribute to its surrounding environment or community.
- What commitment has been made to staff training and communication of your green initiatives? What is the level of senior management buy in? Does it form a central part of the culture?