This award is open to food and beverage producers throughout the island of Ireland with 50+ full time employees who distribute their products and who can demonstrate commitment, innovation, and action in evolving Irish food production toward sustainability.
Please explain your overall sustainability/environmental strategy and what it has achieved to date. Make sure you explain the targets you have set, and how far you have gone in achieving them and if possible, please show hard statistics demonstrating year-on-year comparisons.
Entry is by a 5-page A4 PDF submission; the judges will be looking for a clear plan and evidence that it is delivering on core objectives, paying particular attention to the criteria listed below.
- Describe the steps taken to reduce, re-use, and recycle waste within your organisation.
- Describe your efforts towards making your supply chain and the sourcing of products and ingredients more sustainable. Outline the results achieved to date including any innovations introduced.
- Describe any activities your organisation has recently taken to conserve biodiversity, use biological resources sustainably, improve natural habitats.
- Describe the steps your organisation has taken to improve energy efficiency and/or water efficiency.
- Describe any sustainable transport initiatives your organisation has taken, e.g., to reduce congestion, to green your fleet, or any other any other actions that result in fuel savings, CO2 emission reduction.
- Describe how you engage with your community and support the local economy. Include any specific efforts your organisation has made to contribute to its surrounding environment or community.
- What commitment has been made to staff training and communication of your green initiatives? What is the level of senior management buy in? Does it form a central part of the culture?