This award recognises the organisation working in Ireland’s construction industry that can best demonstrate a commitment to sustainability. This can be through a reduced carbon footprint, a change process within the organisation, a new partnership that demonstrates tangible evidence of environmental benefit or the use of energy saving products and methods.
This can be on a single project, across a series of projects, or through a change process within an organization.
Entry is by a 5-page A4 PDF submission; the judges will be looking for a clear plan and evidence that it is delivering on core objectives, with measurable results, paying particular attention to the criteria listed below.
- Describe the steps taken to reduce and recycle waste within your organisation.
- Describe any efforts to engage with “green” suppliers, or to source local, Irish, and sustainable products/materials, to ensure the achievement of your sustainability objectives.
- Describe any activities your organisation has recently taken to conserve biodiversity, use biological resources sustainably, improve natural habitats.
- Describe the steps your organisation has taken to improve energy efficiency and/or water efficiency.
- Describe any sustainable transport initiatives your organisation has taken, e.g., to reduce congestion, to green your fleet, or any other any other actions that result in fuel savings, CO2 emission reduction.
- Long term impact: outline your goals, commitments, targets, and what you have achieved to date.
- What commitment has been made to staff training and communication of your green initiatives? What is the level of senior management buy in? Does it form a central part of the culture?