The Green Leader award will go to the person that has made a significant contribution to the tackling of climate change and the environment in Ireland.
Unlike other awards in the programme, this award is based on nominations and the recipient is decided after due consideration.
This is NOT limited to nominees from the Green Awards' finalist organisations, unless you would like to nominate such a person - this award has a much wider scope. The Green Leader should be someone who has demonstrated leadership on green issues and solutions.
They could come from any part of the green sector – for example they might have been active on the renewable energy front or made advances in green transport or sustainable construction, etc; or they could be a motivator who has encouraged consumers, businesses, and the political establishment to make greater efforts to tackle environmental challenges.
If you would like to nominate someone, please fill in the form below.
Note: if you would like to make multiple nominations, then please feel free to duplicate the form below for each nominee.
Past recipients of this award include:
- Eamon Ryan T.D.
- Stephen Nolan (Sustainable Nation Ireland)
- Norman Crowley (Crowley Carbon)
- Duncan Stewart
- Senator Grace O' Sullivan
- Conor O'Riain (Ecocem Ireland)
- Declan O' Riordan (EPS Group)
- Neil McCabe (Green Plan - Dublin Fire Brigade)
- Paul Kenny (Tipperary Energy Agency)
- Padraig Ryan (Children’s University Hospital, Temple Street)
- Jeff Colley (Construct Ireland)
- Frank McDonald (former Environmental Editor for The Irish Times)
- Mary Robinson (The Elders)