Apply for The Green School or College Award
Open to any school or college in the Republic of Ireland or Northern Ireland where teachers, pupils, families and other stakeholders take part in a structured programme to ensure the school takes a lead in protecting the environment for future generations.
In your 5 A4 page word submission please explain your overall sustainability/environmental strategy and what it has achieved to date. The judges will be looking for a clear plan and evidence that it is delivering on core objectives. Make sure you explain the targets you have set, and how far have you gone in achieving them and if possible please show hard statistics demonstrating year-on-year comparisons.
If possible include a paragraph or two that explains what you are doing on each of these points:
- Commitment and Leadership: Describe, if any, the commitments (internal or public) and leadership your School/College has shown in relation to driving the sustainability agenda within the schools itself, more broadly in education and also swithin local community in the past 12 months.
- Training: Describe, if any, the staff and student training related to environmental or social sustainability offered through your school / college within the past 12 months.
- Energy Management: Describe, if any, the steps your school/college has taken to improve energy efficiency, increase use of renewables and/or reduce emissions (direct and indirect) and the measurable results achieved over the past 12 months.
- Waste: Describe, if any, the steps taken to reduce waste (including water) within your school, providing details of actual volumes reduced, recycled and re-used within the past 12 months.
- Chemicals: Describe, if any, the steps taken to reduce your schools chemical load to air and water within the last 12 months along with measurable results achieved e.g eco cleaning products etc.
- Procurement: Describe, if appropriate how your buying patterns have evolved to support local, Irish and sustainable products and services within the last 12 months.
- Accreditation: Detail, if any, the certification, accreditation or other public recognition that your organisation has improved its sustainability performance over the past 12 months.
*Denotes Required Fields