Apply for The Green Community Award
Open to any village, town or city or community group that is leading the way in ensuring a collective approach to more sustainable living.
This award is open to cities, towns, villages or any community group that is working together tocreate a more sustainable place to live and work. We want to know what your group is doing to achieve this objective. Whether it has ambitious targets in terms of recycling, reducing energy consumption, sourcing energy from renewable sources or contributing to biodiversity, through to the way you meet, travel and interact. Tell us all about your efforts, what you have achieved to date and what you want to achieve in the future.
Where appropriate write a little about each of the topics listed below in your 5 A4 page submission:
- Briefly outline what your community has achieved so far, and what targets you have set yourself for the future
- How inclusive is your programme across the community?
- How have you communicated your Green activities?
- Have you used new technology to help deliver your objectives?
- Have you delivered energy or water savings? If so, how much?
- What has been achieved on the recycling front?
- Has your work delivered bio-diversity benefits? If so, explain.
- What has been your approach to transport? Has this resulted in CO2 savings?
- Have you used local or green suppliers? If so, who and why?
- How have you dealt with collective decision making in your community?
*Denotes Required Fields