Apply for The Ecocem Green Building Award
This award will go to the most interesting sustainable building completed since 1st January 2012. This category is open to all residential and non-residential buildings or developments –including housing, apartments, offices, educational, leisure, hotels, industrial, public sector.
Please address each of these in your 5 A4 page submission:
- Explain the size, location and any novel features of the building/scheme.
- When was it completed and what did it cost? Who was involved in the project (List the client, architect/contractors main contractor, developer and any other consultants
- What makes the project special or really innovative?
- What proportion of the project involved recycled or local materials? Was there a waste and recycling strategy employed and what did this achieve?
- What was the embodied energy of building materials used?
- How well is the building positioned for access to public transport and other services.
- Provide information on the Energy Performance of the building – what is the kW usage per hour per square metre per annum for the project, and how does this compare with the norm for similar “standard” buildings? Has the building been monitored? If so what results have been achieved to date
- Describe all the energy sources including any renewables, and the contribution they make. What levels of insulation have been achieved
- What energy and/or water conservation measures were employed
- How adaptable is the building for future uses
- Accessibility – how easy is it for people with disabilities to use the facility
- End of life of building - how much of the building can be recycled?
*Denotes Required Fields