Apply for The Green Financial Institution Award
Open to any lending institution on the Irish market that can demonstrate their commitment to developing more sustainable business practices. A good entry here will be able to demonstrate how sustainability is embedded in the culture of the organisation and progress measured in many different ways across the organisation.
In your 5 A4 page word submission please explain your overall sustainability/environmental strategy and what it has achieved to date. The judges will be looking for a clear plan and evidence that it is delivering on core objectives. Make sure you explain the targets you have set, and how far have you gone in achieving them and if possible please show hard statistics demonstrating year-on-year comparisons.
If possible include a paragraph or two that explains what you are doing on each of these points:
- Commitment and Leadership: Describe, if any, the commitments (internal or public) and leadership your organisation has shown in relation to driving the sustainability agenda within your own industry and your local community in the past 12 months. Include details of any sustainability reporting your organisation has completed if appropriate.
- Training: Describe, if any, the training and or employee engagement related to environmental or social sustainability offered through your organisation within the past 12 months. Please provide a breakdown of the percentage of senior and junior staff trained as appropriate.
- Energy Management: Describe, if any, the steps your organisation has taken to improve energy efficiency, increase use of renewables and/or reduce emissions (direct and indirect) associated with your business and the measurable results achieved over the past 12 months
- Waste: Describe, if any, the steps taken to reduce waste (including water) within your organisation, providing details of actual volumes reduced, recycled and re-used within the past 12 months.
- Chemicals: Describe, if any, the steps taken to reduce your organisations chemical load to air and water within the last 12 months along with measurable results achieved.
- Supply Chain Management and Procurement: Describe, if any, the efforts your organisation has taken to engage suppliers and investors to address sustainability impacts throughout the supply chain and how your buying patterns have evolved to support local, Irish and sustainable products and services within the last 12 months.
- Innovation: Describe, if any, the new sustainable products, services or processes your organisation has developed within the past 12 months to move it closer to its sustainability goals along with measurable results achieved.
- Accreditation: Detail, if any, the certification, accreditation or other public recognition that your organisation has improved its sustainability performance over the past 12 months.
*Denotes Required Fields